Job: Design and Marketing Assistant - Cougar Athletics, Mount Royal University
Cougar Athletics Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Design and Marketing Assistant
Department: Cougar Athletics
Term: August 2017 – March 2018
Wage: $16.00/hour, 20 - 35 hours per week (contract)
Summary: Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator, the Design and Marketing Assistant will be responsible for a variety of projects that have a direct impact on the marketing, communications, events and sponsorship strategies of Cougar Athletics. This contract position will span from mid-August until the end of March with a break in December. Work hours will fall on week days, with a possibility of occasional weekend work, and total hours per week may vary depending on the applicant’s ability to commit to this position.
The Design and Marketing Assistant’s role will be focused on initiatives that promote Cougar Athletics in our community, enhancing campus spirit and community engagement. The ideal candidate is an energetic recent Graphic Design graduate with an interest in creating engaging materials that support a range of initiatives across a variety of platforms including print and digital. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a style guide, and managing various day-to-day design and marketing tasks. You will also be given the opportunity to exercise your creativity and decision-making skills. You will be expected to balance all the tasks and projects listed below.
Position Projects and Tasks: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading creation of athletics marketing materials and maintaining the style guide:
- Print (Brochures, Programs, etc)
- Digital Graphics (Social Media, Broadcasting, Website, etc)
- Large scale installations
- More as required
- Assisting with promotional marketing activities as needed
- Weekly attendance at Events Team meetings
Game Day (Occasional weekend work may be required)
- Capturing video and photos for marketing purposes if needed
- Proficiency in Windows Office Suite and Adobe CS Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Ability to work within a style guide
- A strong knowledge of sports and marketing design trends
- Good time management skills - able to plan, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
- Very strong attention to detail in all areas of work
- Highly motivated, with the ability to both work effectively in a team environment or independently
Hours: The candidate should be available to work up to 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 8:30am and 4:30pm, as well as occasional weekends
June 29, 2017
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, PDF portfolio, and resume to Katya Sodamin, Marketing Coordinator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until 4PM MT, June 29, 2017.