Job: Customer Service Representative (CSR) Supervisor - Lac La Biche County
Customer Service Representative (CSR) Supervisor
Full-Time Permanent Position
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations, processes and staffing of the Bold Center’s customer service desks. Key elements of this position include providing organizational support, coaching and feedback to front-line service staff, leading and facilitation of membership recruitment and retention focusing on the overall experience of the members, volunteers and the public.
This position requires an individual who thrives in a demanding and diverse work environment. The individual must have superior customer service, leadership, communication, conflict-resolution and time management skills. This is a working supervisor position and requires balancing time on the floor with supervisory/administrative duties. Schedule requirements include evenings, weekends and shift work. Preference will be given to those with previous work experience in a recreation facility/setting, previous supervisor experience. Knowledge and experience working with ActiveNet (or similar recreation software) is an asset.
- Responsible for the general supervision and administration of the Bold Center on evenings and weekends and in the absence of Coordinators/Managers;
- Oversees the daily management and operations of the Bold Center’s main guest services desk and fitness center customer service desk; includes memberships, inquiries, registrations, finances and promotional items;
- Maintains a high level of positive and professional communication with patrons, participants, parents, user groups and staff while adhering to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP);
- Plays a crucial role in leading the front line team in the delivery of superior customer service to members, users and visitors utilizing the Bold Center;
- Resolves customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints that cannot be resolved at the front line level in a tactful, professional manner;
- Responsible for accepting and providing suggestions and options to community members and user groups pertaining to programs and grants offered at the Bold Center and within the County;
- Conducts facility tours and information concerning rentals as required;
- Interprets and implements user group agreements, ensuring conditions of use and terms are monitored and followed;
- Acts as primary communicator to staff / departments for pertinent information and changes to programs, events and bookings;
- Ensure schedules, bulletin boards and promotional material are up to date;
- Plans and advertises membership promotions and specials;
- Orders and tracks inventory / supplies required for membership purposes;
- Maintains key inventory;
- Produces monthly reports for statistical and marketing purposes;
- Manages corporate membership program; creates profile and maintains membership files to ensure minimum enrollments are consistently met.
- Screens, interviews, and hires staff; ensures that new staff are adequately trained to deliver service standards and adopt best practices using training checklists, direct instruction and reference manuals;
- Develops and implements staff meetings and training opportunities as required;
- Provides direction and leadership to staff including coaching, mentoring and performance feedback to ensure consistently in service, decision making, trouble shooting and problem solving;
- Conducts performance reviews and disciplinary action as specified by LLBC Human Resources Management Policy;
- Acts as liaison between front line staff and management, communicating decisions, changes, inquiries or concerns;
- Prepares work schedules, staff assignments and verifies staff timesheets;
- Provides comprehensive training of ActiveNet software, office equipment, processes and functions to all CSR staff;
- Assists with the development, implementation, revisions and enforcement of guidelines and procedures to support effective operations which meet or exceed customer expectations and standards;
- Assumes CSR role and provides break coverage as required.
- Monitors cash handling procedures, verifies cash outs and prepares daily deposits, manages float funds and works with Finance department to resolve discrepancies;
- Tracks revenues and expenses in Activenet to ensure billing, A/R reports are processed and discrepancies are corrected in a timely manner;
- Ensures registrations, locker rentals, deposits and payments, including online payments, are processed and accounted for accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with preparation and management of annual operation budgets, expenses and purchase orders;
- Authorizes refunds and returns of deposits within authority;
- Performs walk-a-bouts within the facility to ensure rules and conditions of use are being followed by patrons and user groups;
- Ensures facility rounds and counts are conducted;
- First response to incidents and emergency situations on evenings and weekends;
- Performs first aid as required and ensure first aid kits are stocked accordingly;
- Prepares and submits patron incident reports and conducts follow up’s as required;
- Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings
- Assists with special events as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Recreation, or designate.
- Post-secondary education in recreation, office or business administration or related field is desired; a combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Customer service/supervisory courses an asset
- Current Standard First Aid – CPR Certificate
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Minimum 2 year's experience in a related work environment;
- Minimum 1-year experience in a supervisory capacity;
- Knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards and HR administration practices;
- Knowledge of municipal government and administration of public recreation facilities;
- Knowledge of booking/recreation software (Activenet, MaxGalaxy, BookKing, etc)
- Knowledge and application of occupational health & safety regulations and risk management;
- Basic Accounting, cash handling preferably in a similar or related work environment;
- Loss prevention/inventory control experience would be an asset;
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet);
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Must submit a Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check and Medical Assessment that meets the satisfaction of the County.
Salary range: $60,424.00 – $78,187.20
- Lac La Biche County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including:
- 100% Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Competition Number: 38-CSRS-17
- Closing Date: This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
$60,424.00 – $78,187.20 /annum
Open Until Filled
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume in strict confidence to:
Attention: Human Resources
Lac La Biche County
Box 1679 Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.