Job: Community Special Events and Recreation Programmer - Town of Gibbons
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNITY SPECIAL EVENTS AND RECREATION PROGRAMMER
RESPONSIBLE TO: Town Manager and Community Services Director
REPORTS TO: Community Services Director
WORK WEEK: 37.5 Hours
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position may require the Employee to work evening and weekends from time-to-time and/or additional hours over and above the normal work week.
SUBORDINATE POSITIONS: Seasonal and Part Time Positions
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Community Services Director this position is responsible for the coordination and provision of Community Services including the promotion, administration and evaluation of program development, special event planning, recreation facility programming, bookings and operations. This will also involve liaising and coordinating with program facilitators.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Degree or Diploma in Recreation Studies or Business Administration is preferred. A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration. Experience in FCSS would be considered beneficial. Supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- Plan, implement and evaluate programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Monitor recreation programs to ensure that programs are delivered within guidelines and prescribed budgets.
- Plan, organize and promote large scale events which may include, but are not limited to, Family Day, Volunteer Appreciation events, Senior’s Week, Canada Day and Town Christmas activities.
- Responsible for Cultural Centre and Shared Agreement bookings and scheduling. Prepare user group contracts and ensure information is forwarded appropriately for billing.
- Organize Town facility bookings and liaise with facility staff and user groups. Ensure facilities are stocked and in good repair. Provide support and direction to facility staff as required.
- Arranges user group access to facilities including facility walkthrough inspections.
- Assist Community Services Director in preparation of annual budgets for the department.
- Research funding opportunities, prepare grant applications and further develop program partnerships for our community.
- Manage communication to all staff regarding programs and special events
- Act as a liaison with user groups and local organizations and attend various meetings as required. This may include organizing, recording and facilitating records management.
- Assist in the coordinating the Communities in Bloom/ Community Gardens program whether that be a group of people/committee or the projects undertaken by internal summer staff
- Compile information and prepare reports detailing programs, costs, numbers of participants and equipment and facility use.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain up-to-date information and online registration regarding programs being offered at the Community Services facilities and events happening in the Community Services Department. - Communication mediums will include, but not be limited to:
Newsletters and publications
Social media updates
- Assist in ensuring staffing requirements for Community Services operations are met.
- Any other duties as directed by the Community Services Director.
- Assist Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) as necessary.
Open Until Filled
Candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wage will be dependent on qualifications and experience. The position will be open until filled.