Job: Community Project Coordinator - Rocky View County
Community Project Coordinator
Job Number: # J 0617-0954
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $71,915 – $84,500/ Year
As one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, Rocky View County offers significant opportunities for professional development. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for the complexities of rural and urban development. We seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
The Community Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating recreation project development, in partnership with volunteer driven non-profit community organizations, by leading, participating in and or supporting new capital development, renewal and lifecycle maintenance. This position is involved throughout concept development (functional programs, master plans and studies) and the capital development process (plans and policies). They will remain actively involved through the design, build and transition to operate phases on a wide variety of capital projects. In addition, they facilitate grant funding applications, coordinate partnership agreements and contributions, provide the required reporting for all sources of revenue and provide information to local community groups regarding development and building permits.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Recreation and Community Services, this front line position is responsible for ongoing consultation and communication with key internal and external stakeholders in addition to assisting the department with needs assessments, feasibility studies and the development of systems, business processes and procedures. Main duties require skills in research, analysis, consulting, issue identification and management, problem solving and negotiation.
- Coordinates community recreation projects:
- Strategy: participates in the research, analysis and development of plans and policies, as well as ensures alignment with County plans and policies throughout each project.
- Concept: interprets needs assessments that lead to the development of the program, manages and directs the development of functional programs, master plans, feasibility studies, infrastructure and environmental assessments and other required studies.
- Design: may require participation in the development of tenders for consultants/product/ construction including review and evaluation of submissions, schematic and detailed design, program compliance reviews and specifications. Will act as a liaison between internal departments and design professionals and contractors to coordinate permits/agreements, for community led projects.
- Build: design resolution, reviews and supports required change orders to ensure program is met, coordinates all components, fixtures and equipment and supports transition to operate.
- Operate: coordinates issue identification list with regards to deficiencies, warranties and improvements.
- Responsible for ongoing consultation and communication with key internal and external stakeholders and the community to establish program needs and priorities and to ensure these are met in the development process.
- Conducts research and trends analysis.
- Plans, develops and implements public participation processes for the gathering of information on assigned projects through the project development process.
- Ensures program priorities are identified and delivered on all projects.
- Negotiates and develops agreements for shared capital developments with partnering organizations.
- Interprets the needs assessment and other input that define the program priorities, business cases and ongoing capital project management and reporting for budgeting purposes.
- Responsible for the procurement and financial reporting requirements for all fixtures, components and equipment within projects.
- Completes applications and reporting for provincial, federal and other funding programs and partner contributions.
- Displays a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Adheres to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Recreation, Physical Education, Public and or Business Administration).
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Project management certificate an asset.
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Experience in grant administration.
- Demonstrated competency in project management, capital project coordination and management, negotiation and administration of agreements and contracts.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated competency in the areas of capital development and lifecycle maintenance, project level planning and project management processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends, practices and development standards in the area of community recreation development.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated competency in the area of public consultation, stakeholder engagement and partnership development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in research, analytical techniques, policy interpretation and development.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and facilitate effective problem solving processes of complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write comprehensive policy, procedural documents, and reports.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to synthesize data from various systems.
$71,915 – $84,500/ Year
July 23, 2017
This opportunity will be posted until July 23rd, 2017.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to http://www.rockyview.jobs.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.