Job: Communications & Marketing Assistant - ARPA
Communications and Marketing Assistant
Alberta Recreation and Parks Association (ARPA) is a provincial not for profit charitable organization dedicated to advancing the growth and development of recreation and parks services in Alberta. The Association provides extensive educational and awareness opportunities, disseminates a broad range of information and acts as an independent voice of the recreation and parks movement in Alberta.
ARPA is seeking a Communications and Marketing Assistant for a 16-week fulltime summer position, that will assist with the communications and marketing of several of ARPA’s programs, events and initiatives. This position would report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations and would work closely with several of ARPA’s program staff.
Duties of the Position:
- Provide support to the Communications Coordinator in marketing and communications tasks such as electronic newsletter design and dissemination, updating website content, and monitoring social media accounts.
- Assist with the writing and sharing of marketing and communications messages for the Association and its programs, events and initiatives
- Assist with the development and deployment of communications plans
- Assist in evaluating success of various communications avenues and initiatives
- Create and execute visual identities for various events, programs, and services.
- Prepare digital files for production,
- Follow brand guidelines for the multiple programs that ARPA manages
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- effective marketing and public communications skills
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adobe Creative Suite experience would be an asset (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Photography, videography, editing skills an asset
- Experience in or comfort with web analytics, monitoring web and social media metrics is also an asset
- Experience with website updating/editing (WordPress experience considered an asset)
- proven ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships
- high degree of administrative, organizational skills and resourcefulness
- strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, internet, email)
- independence, initiative and ability to work in a team environment
Salary and details
- current post-secondary student enrolled in a communications, public relations, marketing, design, business or related degree or diploma
- returning to school in the fall
- Work week is 35 hours/week Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- this position is a 4-month summer position
- all travel and ancillary expenses related to job duties will be covered
April 28, 2017
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to Stephen Allan, Director of Finance and Operations, 11759 Groat Road NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 3K6 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 28th. The position will be filled immediately thereafter.
We appreciate your interest in this position and advise that only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.