Job: Children’s Dance Instructor - Town of Beaumont
Children’s Dance Instructor (Contract)
Recreation, Parks and Culture
The Town of Beaumont is currently looking for a children’s dance instructor. This position is an opportunity to bring the joy of dance to young performer’s lives. We are seeking a candidate for the fall 2017 season who will be available Saturday mornings from 9:00am-12:00pm, with the potential for Wednesday evenings.
- Develop course material and curriculum
- Instruct classes, communicating clearly to participants
- Create a positive, encouraging, fun learning environment
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for community dance programming
- Proficient skill and knowledge in the area of instruction
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with program participants in a positive and professional manner
- Training and/or education in dance. Such as basic dance, Hip Hop, Jazz, and Ballet.
- Previous experience instructing dance and working with children ages 2-11 yrs.
- Conditions of employment:
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Standard First Aid and CPR
The hourly wage for this contract position is determined based on education and experience.
Open Until Filled
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please forward your resume with a cover letter to: Community Program Coordinator:
Town of Beaumont
5600 49 Street
Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
Fax #: 780-929-8729