Job: Aquatics Supervisor - YMCA of Northern Alberta
William Lutsky Family YMCA has the following position available:
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective supervision and leadership in directing the overall delivery of aquatics programs and services, and monitor and respond to programming, ensuring the Aquatics staff team are all working on strategies to improve the members experience; affecting retention (increase), program quality and member satisfaction.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within program areas.
- Support the staff and volunteers and hold them accountable to the delivery of high quality services through excellent relationships with members.
- Coordinate and supervise the operations of all programs and services for members at the quality and service levels outlined. Manage and report program statistics, maximize program registration and ensure program targets are met.
- Provide direct program delivery that includes teaching swim lessons, lifeguarding, leading aqua fit classes, and Aquatic Leadership Courses.
- Monitor and respond to program quality, member experience and program trends ensuring the highest level of service delivery in programs and in programs and services.
- Ensure the aquatic centre follows Provincial and Local Public Health Regulations, and that pool operations and all areas of programming meet or exceed all identified Aquatics Safety Standards.
- Willingness to assist in pool chemical additions.
- Assist with routine maintenance and procedures in pool operations.
- Manage within the approved program budget and complete any administrative duties as required such as payroll and scheduling.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Working in conjunction with the Aquatics Director.
- University Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or Education, or related experience an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset.
- Aquatics Certifications (National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Instructor, Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Aquatic Emergency Care).
- Pool Operator Level 1 is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience coordinating recreation based programming.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in aquatics in an instructing and guarding capacity.
- Leadership experience an asset.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership and lesson planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
- Understanding of pool mechanics and controllers.
- Pool Standards and regulations for running and operating an aquatic facility (Alberta Health Services Standards and Lifesaving Society Alberta Standards an asset).
August 31, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.