Job: Aquatic Fitness Instructor - City of Edmonton
Aquatic Fitness Instructor
Job Number: 28710
The Community Services Department is looking for energetic, responsible, qualified individuals to work as Aquatic Fitness Instructors at our sports and fitness facilities.
- Design and lead aquatic group fitness classes, delivering excellence in service and programming
- Evaluate and adjust aquatic fitness programs based on participant age, ability, and fitness level
- Classes include Shallow Water, Deep Water, Aquabox, Karataquatics, Water Works, Tethering, and Boot Camp -- new classes being added!
- Unlimited drop-in admission to City of Edmonton Recreation Facilities!
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Possession of a current leadership certification specializing in aquatics as recognized by AFLCA (Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association) or CALA (Canadian Aquafitness Leaders Alliance) or WaterART
- Candidates with a YMCA Aquatic Fitness Certification may be able to challenge the AFLCA exam (please contact Loree Biensch)
- Additional fitness certifications are an asset
- Willing to complete the applicable training programs
- Strong teaching and communication skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Experience leading a variety of aquatic classes is an asset
- Valid CPR Level C is a requirement of this position
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
Hours of Work
2- 30 hours per week (1 - 15 classes).
Hours of work may vary between daytimes, evenings, and weekends across multiple facilities.
- Please note that a minimum of 2 hours is paid for each 1 hour class.
- We are an equal opportunity employer - We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- This posting is for up to 5 temporary, part-time positions at various recreation, leisure and fitness centres throughout the City of Edmonton.
$16.001 - $26.669/ hour
July 26, 2017
Please apply online at: https://coe.imomentous.com/job/CITYA000C7120/Aquatic-Fitness-Instructor