Job: Adult Fitness and Lifestyle: Fitness Trainer - Jamie Platz YMCA
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body.
Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following hourly position working 20 hours per week with additional hours optional.
Please note: the work week is evenings and weekends with the occasional morning.
Adult Fitness and Lifestyle: Fitness Trainer Ref # JP-AFL-PT
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual to assist in the delivery of services in the Individual Conditioning areas of the Workout Centre and assigned Group Fitness Classes. The Fitness Trainer will provide active supervision of members/participants in the workout centre, provide fitness services to members, and role model customer service excellence at all times.
- Circulate and supervise activities in the workout centre to ensure all members have a safe and enjoyable workout and enforce rules and regulations related to the workout centre.
- Facilitate Adult Fitness and Lifestyle programs and services. Monitor the fitness service bookings and perform workout centre orientations, individualized fitness programs and assist with the delivery of fitness and lifestyle education programs.
- Provide personalised service to all members of the workout centre ensuring all questions and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Role model: recruitment and retention of volunteers and members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- YMCA Personal Trainer
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiologist: Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP – CPT)
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Pre-requisites considered an asset:
- Other related certifications
- NCCP Level 1 Multisport
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Building and delivering fitness programs for individuals of all fitness levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead individual and group fitness programming.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and caring in a Health and Wellness environment.
- Problem solving skills and multitasking.
- Developed coaching and team building skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, CLASS).
Applications will remain open until suitable candidates are found
Open Until Filled
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a reference number.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.